Thursday, September 18, 2008

I have negated my blogging duties, BUT not without good cause, my life is INSANE this week. I am going so many directions I am suprised that my body hasn't just split apart and ended up in different places. Not that it isn't totally awesome to be busy, but it is just starting to wear me out.
I wanted to write about my total God weekend, it all started on Friday night, where at the last second the person who was supposed to go with me to the symphony bailed on me, but whatever, their loss, because it is one of the best concerts I have EVER seen, I mean Beethoven hasn't heard his 9th Symphony played with such power, I mean this may be Kieth Lockharts last season, but he started it with a bang, I was in awe, and it raised my spirits million percent.
On Saturday I heard the best sermon on Prayer that taught me so much, and was inspired of it's power. Bill our senior pastor had the most awesome stories of how God will provide in his own time and own ways. It was wow!
The roller coaster didn't stop then, the next day I went to The Capital church, which was doing an awesome sermon on God in the Movies, using examples from Dan in Real Life, a show I would highly recommend to anyone who hasn't seen it. Anyway it was on finding wisdom through God, especially through prayer, and emphasizing in James, that you had to pray, but without doubt and true intent. Now I am all about prayer, but when I started to think about it, I had to admit that at times I have doubt issues, and I have a hard time handing over the wheel to God, but it has been something that I have working on really hard.
Continuing on I went to the BBQ of the Capital Church and had some awesome meat. Although it was kinda sucky because I only knew two people there, and they weren't exactly the most social bunch, they kinda cliqued, and then chose who to bring in. Although by the end, I met some pretty awesome people, who seemed almost as crazy as me. At least it killed a couple of hours on a Sunday.
After that I had an hour or so to kill, and I wanted to check out The Mount church because I had heard it was pretty cool, which was close to where I was, and so didn't want to go home, but didn't really know what to do. Then I started to think, everybody talks about these prayer walks, and I had never tried it. So I started to walk around Sugarhouse park, and just started talking to God, about everything, my life, how it was going, the complete lack of abiility I had to sustain a real relationship, with anybody, and the question of if I should date at all. It is a hard thing for me, because I connect with someone, it is very painful and difficult for me to disconnect. And am kinda tired of getting hurt. But when my sister had her kid, it was like, awwwww, I know it is not manly, but get over it, I am a sucker for babys, especially when they are in the lizard stage. Anyway I also was stoked about how awesome our Roots campaign was and is going to be, and to bless us that we can make our goal of 20 services by 2020. It was so powerful, I loved it, and had an awesome connection.
I finished and drove over to The Mount where I met someone I knew, and met a ton of other awesome people. Anyway the service started, and I just wanted to start laughing when I found out that the subject was none other than on Dating, it was amazining and they had a panel and asked questions and discussed it. I found it hilarious that the very thing I had been praying about and BAM, there it was. God is so awesome and he so knows me, and what I need when. I was awestruck and still am. Anyway, I must get back to the lovely world of psycology, and such. so I will bid adieu.

No comments: